Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, August 10, 2012

Starting Over...Almost

Well, I'm really feeling like we are completely starting over in this process lately. And we really kinda are. We have a new agency, almost had to start over with fundraising, new grant applications, doctor appointments, background checks, an extremely different dossier (even though we'd already had one translated for our old agency) and so on...

I know that this was the right move, the ethical move, and, most importantly, the move that pleases God but it's hard not to get discouraged and bogged down by the feeling of "starting over." I remember how long we saved for the first set of dossier fees and how excited we were to finally be on the wait list and now we are saving again and praying we have enough money to submit a new dossier to a new agency in about 3 weeks after my doctor appointment.

I just want to see our child's face! No, that's not entirely true - I want to hold our child in my arms and never let them go! I want them to have the assurance of a mommy and daddy's love, plenty of food to eat, and the knowledge of our Savior who died for them.

I know many people have been in this process longer than we have but it's been 16 months and we are practically starting over. Although hopefully, with ALBB the process will truly be finished in the next 9 months. I'm just tired and ready to be done...I know it will be finished in the Lord's timing but I'm ready...

2 comments:

  1. When it comes time for us to adopt-- probably from the DrC- we want to get the 411 from you & the Meachams & Youngs about what NOT to do and where TO go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, I can't wait for you guys to go through the adoption process to rescue an orphan! There is definitely a huge need in DRC and maybe things will be a little smoother there by the time you start the process :)

    ReplyDelete