Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wal Mart Didn't Happen...But God Did!!



Well, today was NOTHING like I expected!! I woke up this morning thinking we were going to Wal-Mart for our fundraiser. We had bought over $250 worth of hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, and drinks to barbecue and sell. I had also made about 80 bows and 2 bow holders to sell as well. We had signed up for this fundraiser over a month ago and I made sure that it was okay for us to grill and sell food. Leading up to this morning, I had been very very anxious. I know the Lord says,


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God,
which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in
Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7
However, those of you who know me, know that I am a worrier. I was trying very hard last night and today to give this day to God but I was struggling. When I got to WM this morning, I checked in and then we began to unload. Almost as soon as we unloaded, someone came out and told us that we couldn't sell food there. To make a long story short, apparently whoever told me I could was wrong and you have to have insurance to sell food there. I was very very upset!! Reflecting back on that moment, I realize that Satan was trying to get us to give up on today. He knew that I would be devastated and not sure what to do next. However, God had a bigger and better plan for us today. Josh's cousin Jimbo was with me and Grandaddy at WM (Josh was at work). He immediately thought that we could sell plate lunches to local businesses and people that we know in town. So we went back to the house, got on the phone, and Grandaddy began walking up and down the street knocking on doors. Once again, this story is getting long...Jimbo, Josh, and Grandaddy grilled while Ashley (Jimbo's sweet wife) and I put together orders and took care of the kids. Through 2 $300 donations, several smaller donations, and many orders from people who didn't want change, God provided a total of $1185.00 towards bringing our precious child home. Satan may not want us to adopt an orphan but God does and He will ALWAYS win!! Thank you to those of you who helped, donated, and prayed for us today.


Here are a few pictures from our day. This is my wonderful husband. This is Jimbo sampling the food. We could not have gotten through today without him and his sweet wife! They were an incredible blessing to us today!! This is our baby, Hannah. She was trying out the styrofoam cooler that we used to keep the food warm.

I wish I had a picture of Ashley and Grandaddy but I don't...

No comments:

Post a Comment